Skip to content
Dr. James Stratford, Geologist
Geological consulting by James Stratford Ph.D (Dubl.), PGeo, EurGeol.
Connect via linkedin.com/in/jstratford/
Mineral districts I’ve been involved with through exploration and research:
– The Caledonian-Appalachian Orogen
– The Birimian Gold District, Mali
– The Zambian Copperbelt
– The East Finland Kimberlite Cluster
– The Kao Kimberlite Cluster, Lesotho
– Western Australia (base metals)
Consulting projects pursued in Ireland, the UK, the Channel Islands, Poland, Switzerland, Finland, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey, principally in mineral deposit modelling and science communication.
– Stratford, J. (2020) ‘The petrography and geochemistry of pyrite-hosted orogenic gold deposits in the Grampian Terrane of north-west Ireland and Scotland’. http://www.tara.tcd.ie/handle/2262/93872
– Stratford, J., and McClenaghan, S.H. (2019) Geochemical paragenesis of pyrite associated with orogenic gold at Curraghinalt, Northern Ireland. Proceedings of the 15th SGA Biennial Meeting, 27-30 August 2019, Glasgow, Scotland, 655-658
Accreditations and societies:
About Stratford Geoservices Ltd:
The company was set up in 2014 in Dublin, Ireland, to provide contract technical services to clients in the mineral exploration sector. CRO no. 540693.